Creating a poll in your WordPress website is a very good thing.
It is a sign that you really care about your users and it can help you discover their opinions.
How can you create a poll very easy?
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to your “Plugins” => “Add New”
- Search for WordPress plugin: WP-Polls
- “Install Now” and “Activate”
- On the left menu, you will see that it was created a tab called “Polls”
- Click on it and then “Add Poll”
- In the next screen, you will be able to add a question, minimum two answers, poll period and other things.
- After you enter all the things, click on “Add Poll”
- A message like the one bellow will appear. Save the ID number ( In my picture it is – 2 )
We have created the poll. Now let`s add it to your post/page.
I don`t know if you want to add it to a new page/post or an existing one.
- Go to the page/post dashboard.
- Click on the “Polls” button
- Enter the ID number, that I told you to save when you created the poll, mine is 2, and click ok.
A shortcode will be added to your post/page. ( I will leave this poll in the live version of this tutorial so you can see it )
Once you will publish the post/page, the poll will be live. This is how the poll can be seen in this article after I voted.
How to add a poll in your sidebar?
If you want to add the same poll or another in the sidebar of your site
- Go to “Appearance” => “Widgets“
- Search for the “Polls” widget and drag-and-drop it to your sidebar
- You will be able to choose from your “Polls” and once you have decided click “Save“.
Your poll will be active in your site`s sidebar.
If you consider that this tutorial helped please vote and let me know.
Any questions? Post a comment