This tutorial will show you how to remove proudly powered by WordPress from your website`s footer.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on “Plugins” => “Add New”
- Search for String Locator plugin, click “Install” and “Activate”
- After you have activated it go to your left menu to “Tools” => “String Locator”
- You will see a screen like the one bellow
- Select your WordPress theme from Search Through
- In Search String insert this text: <div class=”site-info”>
- Click “Search”
- You will see the line where that text has been identified and click on “Edit“
- At line 25 you will see the text. Scroll right to see the complete text. Remove complete line.
- You can also modify the text with something else.
- Click on “Save Changes” after you delete or change the line.
Now if you go back to your website you shouldn`t see that line anymore.
If you have any questions please leave me a comment.